Community Agents are an innovative new partnership supporting older people and their informal carers. A Community Agent will visit you at home to discuss and help with:
Mobility issues – where equipment , adaptations or technology could support independence, or where, travel, social interaction and physical activity could sustain and improve wellbeing.
- Practical living skills – after a significant life event such as bereavement or hospital stay, supporting people to gain or regain practical skills such as paying bills, taking medication or getting to appointments.
- Social inclusion – connecting people into one-to-one and group interactions or activities.
- Healthy living – enabling or supporting people to prepare meals or linking individuals into community activities such as lunch clubs, coffee mornings.
- Caring for someone – for people new to caring or for people who have been caring for some time and struggling to cope in their changing role. Helping them to access practical support, information, advice and peer support.
- Individual resilience – by providing advice and support that ensures correct entitlement to benefits, allowances and pension and increases personal safety and security.
If the Agent does not know the answer to a particular question they will endeavour to locate someone who can assist.
This service is funded by Essex County Council and is free of charge.
To arrange a free visit call 08009 775858 or 01376 574341
Community Agents Essex: www.communityagentsessex.org.uk